Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Skin rashes in winters. Have mild asthma and allergies. Could this be pitiriasis liquenoide? Treatment?

I have a rash that occurs every winter for the last 5 years. I am 42and have mild asthma and allergies. It starts as a small red mark and progresses to a ring worm type rash, with scale at the centre but the red ring never meets 360 degrees . Never itcy Never in the same place and usually sparing the face. (Apart from now, I have one on my eyebrow) I ve been told it might be a rare condition called pitiriasis lichenoides. It always goes in the summer, even if I don t sunbath, but that does help. I m sure its not regular excema. What is it and how csn I stop it?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
You are 42 yrs, You have mild asthma and allergies, it starts as a small red mark and progress . Never itchy, and never at the same place.
It is a mild allergy, caused by allergens found in the winter. If you take care in the winter you will be fine. If you can find the allergen, like winter fruits, flowers, wool, etc, you may not get it at all.
If you feel it uncomfertable you can consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor