Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Sinusitis, chest pain, difficulty breathing, phlegm on coughing, nausea, headaches. Suggestions?

I suffer chronic sinus and regularly on antibiotics . I have the following symptoms, pains in upper chest (middle) difficult breathing at times, every morning coughing up phlegm(anything from a yellow to dark brown and on occasion black) Nausea in stomach all the time, Diarrhea at times, and the usual headaches and sore eyes and fever - antibiotics dont seem to do anything they are appear to be a short term solution could there be something else going on?? the constant nausea feeling is having a real effect on me - I never vomit
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
I think you may be having Gastritis,because of Antibiotics.I think you are vomiting Bile.Hope you are not forcibly doing that.
All the complaints that you have mentioned are Non specific one.They doesn't fit into a specific disease.
But,You can add Proton pump inhibitors along with antibiotic which protects the upper Gastro intestinal tract.If you are taking powerful antiinflammatory drugs,please stop and replace with safer drugs.
All the best.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

ENT Specialist Dr. A.K. Srivastava's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail and as you said that you have sore throat ,sinus infection,chest pain, cough with sputum,these symptoms are for quite long time,at the bigening you were getting response of antibiotics but now these re of not much help and you now feel nausea also.After listening your story I would like to say that you should go for these investigations (1) C.T.scan para nasal sinuses, (2) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab,(3) X-Ray chest P.A.view. After this you should contact your for your clinical examination and co-relation with investigations to make diagnosis and treatment.If conservative treatment is appears to be not of much benifit than some surgical process may be recomonded.Thanks.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor