Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Should I not masturbate if I want a healthy baby?

I'm married and want to hve a healthy baby , but cannot control my sexual feelings due to which I masturbate regularly . Someone told me that in order to have a baby I shud not masturbate and then hve sex with my wife after almost 15 days and control any kind of sexual feelings for that much time in order to hve a good sperm count
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Masturbation is a normal process and the urge to do so is physiological. I do not think that it has anything to do with having a healthy baby. However if you believe that psychologically, it might be best to avoid masturbating and concentrate on having a baby by having intercourse. The more the amount of intercourse you have with ejaculations the more the chances of you getting your wife pregnant. I hope this helps. Please consult a doctor if you are having problems with conceiving a child with your partner.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor