Should I consult a Dermatologist for Dermatitis of the Scrotum?

I think I have dermatitis of the scrotum. At first, I though it was jock itch and used topical creams and sprays but it has gone on for a very long time. The creams and sprays usually subside flare ups but seven hours later , I get an intense itching....Symptoms include redness, small, white pin size head here and there and itchy skin..I have talked to my doctor about it and his response was well some men just get itches down there ....not what I was looking for in a professional opinion. Should I go see a dermatologist?
Wed, 27 Nov 2019

It may be scrotal dermatitis most probably. Consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. I would recommend you to apply combined cream of steroid and antibiotic. Take antihistaminics,antibiotic and steroid in tapering dose. cleanse the area with dettol mixed water. Avoid soap bath.Keep the area dry.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist