Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about chest pain since I have a family history of heart attacks ?

blood pressure for a 47 year old male always active weight is 200 lbs 6"2" tall Im a 47 year old male and my blood pressure reading is 129 over 90 I always had normal blood pressure, usually 120 over 80. Feeling a little discomfort, like angina pain below the chest bone , happened twice in the last week. I was moving furniture today and last week it occurred after a 5 km run on treadmill, pain came on about 2 hours after run? Heart disease in family, father died at 69, three heart attacks in a year. My grandfather, mother s father also had heart attack very young, both suffered from Angina, high blood pressure etc. I currently weight 204 lbs and Im 6 2 tall and have lost about 25 lbs. started exercising again. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi thanks for query.Your blood pressure is are over weight ,so first of all you need to reduce weight.The problem you have needs further evaluation.Though you can run 5km on treadmill still cardiac evaluation is needed.You are again having strong history cardiac events in family also.Please visit a doctor and go for ecg and other tests like lipid profile and others.bye.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor