Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Shifting dizziness without headache, cat scan and blood test negative

For about 6 weeks I have had shifting dizziness without headache . I have had a Cat scan and this came back negative. I have also had blood work that has come back negative. The shifting dizziness only occurs occasionally (about once a week0 , lasts only seconds and usually occurs when I am at the computer or positioning my head while reading.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having dizziness without headache.
Since you have undergone CT scan and blood tests and all have come normal I would like to consider hypotension or hypovolemia or hypoxia secondary to carotid artery atherosclerosis as cause.
As of now you can take anti vertigo drugs and require further evaluation to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

Thank you
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor