Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Severe period cramps. Delayed periods. Negative pregnancy tests. What could it be?

Severe period cramps . 43 years old. My period is 2 weeks late. 2 neg preg test. Neg blood hcg . Periods are always regular. So severe pain when on thetoilet to pee it takes my breath away. Pain is in my lower right mostly and somewhat lower back. It is dull all the time with severe spikes that I feel all the way to my head and to my toes
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Looks like CONGESTIVE DYSMENORRHOEA, according to your age you should get a Pelvic ultrasound to find out any pathologies, and you might require some antispasmodics and OCpills for few cycles.
Do reply if you have any further queries. I will be very happy to help you.
Dr Arif
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
YOur period are late by 2 weeks hence these are unlikely to be cramps related to periods. Its important that UTI and renal stones are ruled out first. Drink plenty of water. Do a urine test and an ultrasound to rule out renal stones. Watch your cycle and if you dont get your periods in 2 weeks,see your doctor for hormone tests .Its possible you are peri-menopausal.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor