Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the ribs and chest. Gastroenterologist could not diagnose the problem. What could be the cause?

hi i have severe pain in my back rib and chest where it feels like my bones are being crushed and i have been to the doctors but they don t seem to be able to help, i also saw a gastroenterologist who said he didn t understand why i had been sent to him and this is reoccurring and it is ruining my life!! please help. Jade
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  259
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Having the symptoms you are presenting could lead to a variety of diagnosis such as idiopathic pleuritic chest pain, pneumopathy (pneumonia, pneumonitis, neoplasia etc), heart condition etc
You were probably sent to the gastroenterologist because they were probably suspecting gastritis ( which i don't think is the case because of the locations of your pains). You will start by doing a chest x-ray ( some chest affections might present without cough or other signs of respiratory affection like difficulty breathing, rapid respiration etc).
By doing a chest x-ray or CT scan or MRI we could be able to tell if there is a lung lesion.
To alleviate your symptoms you can be placed on oral steroidal anti-inflammatory before further investigations are done.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor