Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the left abdomen, uteric strincture found, advised open surgery and inserting stent. Any alternative?

Hi Doctor, Two Days Back i feel sever Pain in left kidney side & fater diagnosis (IVP) there is lower uretric Strincture found & doctor advise me to its only & best way to this is Open surgery & cut instructure & rejoint utrus & fix D J stent . After 6 week of surgery DJ Stent will be remove. I need your feed back thats its only way or any other treatment available instead of open surgery. regards Yougendra
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
hi yogendra, usually stricture of ureter occurs after prior surgery (for stone), prior stone passage or rarely due to tuberculosis of kidney and ureter. often times, stricture seen on ivp may turn out to be small ureteric stone causing obstruction and narrowing. before going for open surgery, a urologist can do an endoscopy and push a dye into the ureter to confirm. if there is a stone, it can be removed. if there is complete block, it will need open surgical repair and re-implantation of ureter into bladder. if partial block, an attempt at dilatation and DJ stenting can be made. results of open surgery for this stricture are better than endoscopic dilatation in most cases. good luck.
Answered: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor