Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Scars on upper lip, depressed due to underlying scar tissue. Dermal skin grafting help?

i have to deep scars on my upper lip.....they are both straight......the scars on the surface of the skin are very thin......they are depressed because of the underlying scar tissue.....would subscission surgery help this?
i have reAD THAT A DERMAL SKIN GRAFT MIGHT ALSO BE USED UNDER THE SKIN SURFACE TO HELP RAISE THE DPRESSED AREA....IS THIS POSSIBLE? the scars are the result of a bi-lateral cleft lip.....the repair was very good but did leave the noticable scars running from the base of the nose down too the pink part of the lip.....
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Yes it is common for scar formation after any scars are visible it is mandatory to cure it.first try contractabex cream which works well in recent scars and use evion 400mg daily once .within one month if no response go for plastic surgeon for repair of the scar.yes dermal skin graft is the best option available
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor