Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Scar showed in chest x-ray, will remain throughout life. Declared unfit by gamaca medical centers. What can be done?

Hi, I am pavan gupta, i have scar in my chest x-ray from 2007, which was called as pulmonary tuberculosis , I have series of X-rays, showing the same reports that there is no change and as per doctors this is just a scar which will remian in my x-ray throughout my life. now I am being declared as unfit by gamaca medical centres even after seeing the earlier reports from other doctors, in this case when i have an opportunity from for a job in oman, what can I do? please suggest.
Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello.Thanks for the question.Unfortunately there is no treatment for such fibrotic scar due to tuberculosis.And such scars are known to persist for life time.Other option is to get CT scan done and if there is no active lesion suggestive of active infection then your employers may consider your job application depending on their hiring policies.Thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor