Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Ringing sound in ears, crackling sound when someone speaks loudly. History of ear problems. Treatment?

Hi, I am XXXXX aged 28 years. I have a problem in my right ear. My right ear gives a ring whenever I hear a big noise or sound. the problem started with ringing whenever I heard big noise in my childhood. But now I think the problem is getting worse. I am able to here a ringing/crackling sound even when somebody speaks to me little loud. Can you let me know what can I do? I am planning to visit E.N.T specialist in near future.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, your problem seems to be due to damage to you auditory nerve the cause of which can not be confirmed. There is no specific treatment of this and use of neurotopic vitamins and betahistine is usually done. The other drugs used are like tryptomer and ginkobiloba but none of these definitely helps. A pure tone audiometry is usually done and if there is some hearing loss, use of a hearing aid will help solving both the problems. Regards
Answered: Fri, 28 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor