Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Rib pain and swelling, worse on eating, drinking alcohol, smoking. Treatment?

hi, I am 28yrs old male, I am suffering from a pain just under the 12th rib of my LEFT side. There is also a little swelling can be seen. It gets worse when I get heavy meals or when I drink alcohol, It used be very painful when I used to smoke with having coffee (I quit smoking 3-4 months back). please let me know the possible diagnosis. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. The pain may be due to peptic ulcer as it is related to food.
probably due to excess alcohol consumption. I advise you to consult a gastro enterologist
for diagnosis and treatment. Besides i advise you some diet recomendations as Avoid
taking spices chillies zunkfoods oily foods. Use more of curd with food. This is all besides
your doctors treatment. Wishing for a quick recovery. thank you.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor