Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Rib area injured. What can heal sharp pains? Has he fractured lung or has internal bleeding?

My boyfriend dove for the volleyball Monday night and hurt his left rib area really bad (has no insurance so no X-rays or doc visit) tonight he is alert but having sharp pains in shoulder mostly, but also heart and arm and is moaning in pain but refuses hospital visit. I m worried he fractured lung or has internal bleeding and hoping for some advice. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It would be better if he gets x ray of the ribs done . If there is any fracture then he can receive treatment for it. If there is no fracture then he should do ice application, rest and Brufen tablet daily. Lungs are never get fractured so do not worry about that.
Answered: Mon, 31 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor