Suggest treatment for ankle swelling after knee surgery

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I just had knee surgery to repair my meniscus (nov. 21st) . On Monday my calf swelled up, about 90% of that swelling has gone down but now my ankle is very swollen. I an not feeling any pain from the swelling but just below the area of my ankle that is swollen there is a very slight discoloration to the skin. It looks a little like a bruise but does not hurt not even to the touch. I had a follow up appointment with my PA today and she said this is very common. She was talking about my calf, now it's my ankle. Should I be worried?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,this is a very common problem due to some internal bleeding.This will automatically goes with in 15 days ,there is nothing to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal