What causes a red streak running from the wrist to the inner arm?

Question
Hi, I cannot squeeze my hand and I have a red streak about 1" by 6" going up inner arm from my wrist. I have a doc appt tomorrow, can I wait?
Mon, 7 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Picture will be helpful for diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be nerve pain or some underlying bruise or collection putting pressure on underlying nerves. Vasculitis can also present like that or other bleeding conditions may present with such red streaks but it's recommended to share the picture in follow-up query for exact diagnosis.

Using OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be helpful. Avoid using other pain killers which can increase risk of internal bleeding. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.