Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Recurrent pus filled boils on sensitive areas, thighs. Test shows Proteus vulgaris bacteria. Solution?

Hello dr. I m 25years old. And I m suffering from recurrent boils on my sensitive areas as well as on my thighs.wen I did some culture and sensitivity came out to be proteus vulgaris bacteria. My questions are,where can we get this kind since this is not Known to me, and wat will i do its burning in pain esp.when pus forms Pls. Reply doctor.thnks Respectfully, Mae
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be recurrent furunculosis/ Dermatitis herpetiformis etc.
A good quality antibiotic like fusidic acid /mupirocin over the affected areas is helpful.Application of antibiotic in nasal cavity is also required
A skin biopsy may be required for diagnosis.
Please visit a qualified dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor