Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Recovering from hyperkalemia paralysis. Loss of memory, panic attack, anxiety and weakness. Need advice

Hi, I m Stanley Nema a male aged 30. Am seeking medical advice. In year 2004 I was paralized and was hospitalized and bed riden after 6-months. Doctor revealed that the viral infection was GBS/Hyper culmia paralises. Iam still under recovery stage. I m facing deficaulties; lost my memory , body shakes, panic atteck, axiety, weakness, numbness/muscle scrum when cold , etc... I just need your advice how best to go about to get me back to a normal life. Thankyou.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Hi Mr Stanley,

It is good to note that you have made a remarkable recovery after suffering from Guillain Barre syndrome (GBS), after being bed ridden for six months.

At this stage, you require good physiotherapy and psychological support.

Some of your symptoms are also due to anxiety, which may require medications such as clonazepam.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor