Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Pus filled bump on the nose after piercing . Could it be due to infection or gold allergy?

I got my nose pierced 8 weeks ago with a gold ring. I made the mistake of rotating it from day 2 itself. I have been cleaning it dilligently - perhaps too diliigently, which formed a bump both inside and outside on the nostril . I used antibiotic cream, ate a course of augmentin 625 after which the bump inside went away. For the last one week I have been using hot compresses and put some dissolved aspirin on the bump outside and yet the bump keeps getting smaller and bigger after which there is a bit of pus discharge. what should I do? Could I be allergic to the gold? I
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  289
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Hindi,
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
There is high chances that you have formed a local infection pocket that is keeping the pus forming due to inefficient drainage.
You should remove tha gold ring for 10days and in its place just keep a silk thread that is slightly less thick than the gold ring to keep the pierced hole open.
Then the local antibiotic cream would bring quicker results.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor