Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, shortness of breath, high pulse rate. Heart scan showed enlarged right chamber, goes away on child birth. Cause of concern?

I am 33 wks + with my second baby and was admitted to hosp with shortness of breath and high pulse rate, test where done for blood clots,leg scan and ct scan and that was ruled out, heart scan was done and came back that the lower right chamber was slightly enlarged, medicle team and cardiologist double checked it and where happy to let me go home as 25% of pregnant women get this duering pregnancy and it goes away once baby is born, they told me the name of this but for the life of me i cant remember. Was wondering if someone could tell what this is called? Im sure they said something like hyperchia
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi Fernanderlin,

What is in name? I would rather not give an esoteric name to a disease which does not lead to any adverse effect on you or your child. In simpler terms, you are anxious for some reason. You have been investigated by competent specialists (Obstetrician, Medical Specialist and Cardiologist). Investigations also revealed nothing of much significance. You have about 7 weeks to go before becoming mother of your second child. Relax and enjoy the privilege. Take care.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor