Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, nasal discharge, sneezing. Took sinarest, severe coughing. Aziwok and zedex safe to take?

hello doctor..i am in my 7 month of pregnancy. From yesterday onwards I have running nose and I sneeze now and then. Yesterday evening my doc told me to take sinarest 3 times a day for 2 days. By today morning I started coughing, not a bad cough. I went to see my doc and now she has prescribed me aziwok 500 ( 1 time a day for 3 days) and zedex (3 times a day for 7 days). Is this safe?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although the medicines are safe as you are in third trimester of pregnancy but the fact is you don't require any antibiotic for viral infections.
Taking sinarest is enough and start taking steam inhalation twice a day.
You should be all right in next 4 to 5 days.
Remember anti biotics are never prescribed in viral infections.
Answered: Sun, 6 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor