Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, contraction like pain after eating. Could it be related to hernia or intestinal spasms ?

Hi, I am 12 weeks pregnant. After I eat, and it doesn t matter what, I have pain. It feels like contractions. I went to the ER and they told me it could be related to my hernia or intestinal spasms. They also said there was nothing that could help. I am in so much pain, I don t know what to do. Please advise. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
It seems you are suffering from some gastrointestinal infection, that is causing cramps and pain after eating.
It could also be severe gastritis.
You could try eating small frequent meals, with more liquids, spread out through the day.
Avoid spicy, oily, greasy food and take meals / liquids every 2 hours.
try increasing probiotics ( yoghurt, sporolac plus tablets ) in your diet.
take care.
If not relieved, it is better to consult a gastroenterologist.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor