Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Ultrasound showed posterior placenta. Previous C-section. Is there anything to worry ?

Hi, my ultrasound is done recently @ 22 week 3 days . Gestational age of fetus by scan is 21 week 6 days. Report shows placenta is posterior, grade one maturity ending 3.5 cm from internal os.afi 14cm.uterine cervix length 4 cm. Is it I need to worry? This is my second pregnancy. First was c section as baby passed motion.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
The indication for the caesarean section in your first pregnancy is not a recurrent one. As such, you need not have to worry about a recurrence. The sonogram is normal for this stage of pregnancy and there is no reason for any specific concern. Please take nutritional supplements, healthy diet, sufficient rest and follow your doctor's advice. Wish you safe motherhood.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor