• question-icon

Post Cortisone shot symptom

I had a cortison injection a couple of days ago to treat what turned out to be a calcium buildup in my shoulder which caused considerable pain. That pain seems to have subsided somewhat but now I have a wierd symptom in my throat . Not a soar throat but a pain on that side when I swallow. It also is affecting my ear on the same side. The Dr. that did the injection had to remove the first seringe thinking something was wrong with it, then had to re-insert another seringe to inject the Cortison). I work at a Drs. office and the GP ruled out an infection. This is a strange problem and I don t know what course of action to take. WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It appears you have fluid collection in your middle ear which could be due to an infection. Do you have a blocked nose generally. Any headaches. You may want to get yourself looked at by the ENT Doctot who would manage the problem appropriately using nasal decongestants and/or antibiotics as judged.