Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Possible Gynecomastia? please give me some tips for helping me get rid of them

Hi there... I'm 14 years old, male and have rather large manboobs. Though, doing some research, I've come across thinking it may be gynecomastia. Other details; I am overweight. I weigh 65kg (without clothes), and a BMI of 24. I'm trying to lose some weight this year, I'm eating healthier and am eating a less than I used to. Also, puberty is going fine for me. Here is a picture for reference; (Yes I am aware that I have inverted nipples and I have pityriasis versicolor.) If you can diagnose my case from the picture, please give me some medical advice and maybe some tips for helping me get rid of them. Please help out, they are very embarrassing and make me feel very self-conscious.
Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
The reason behind your gynaecomastia is your weight; in case of excess body fat more peripheral estrogen is produced which is the cause of gynaecomastia. i suggest you consult an endocrinologist for your weight problem; DO NOT try to lose weight by going on diet.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prakash Chhajlani's  Response
I have not been able to open your photographs.Weight loss is good but gynacomastia do not generally get reduced even if you lose weight.The treatment is Plastic surgical reduction,with minimal scar, sometimes liposuction alone may help but you need to get examined for that.This is not a disease and so only if it bothers you cosmetically then you need to get surgery done,otherwise if the diagnosis is confirmed and you are not disturbrd then you can lead a normal life without gwetting it remosee;section on Breast surgery.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
Hi , welcome to Healthcare Magic ,
I would like to differ with some of the above views , gynacomastia is physiological , especially when it happens around puberty.By physiological i means a normal variant , not to be worried about.
U can get a general examination of your breasts & private parts to see if there is any problem, secondly basic investigations would be to get Testosterone and Estrogen levels if they turn out to be normal , then u need not worry much , with weight reduction and passing time , it usually turns normal. I also agree with endocrinologist consultation before going under knife.....though embrassing i would suggest take a longer route of consultation and evaluation by an endocrinologist rather going under knife for a quick result..... nothing offensive about others views , just expressed my prespective .
Hope u take a right decision ...Thank you.
  User's Response
Hi, Sorry about that, I think you should consult a Endocrinologist initially & may be once all possiblities ruled out, then a plastic surgeon for further management. I hope it clears the query
  User's Response
there is surgery by name liposuction through which they will reduce ..unwanted fat..but first we should rule out the cause of this enlarged breast..obesity will cause harmonal imbalance which may be the cause in ur case..
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prakash Chhajlani's  Response
For surgical results of Gynacomastia see my web site,;section on Breast surgery.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor