Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Please concered me about cervical cancer

I am 25 years old with two children, when I was pregnant with my first son in 2005 I recieved a pap smear and it came back abnormal. After talking to my doctor he explained the process of a biopsy and I went through with it, but was terrified of the results I changed my doctor and didn't go back for the results. With my second son my doctor didn't do a pap smear and I didn't say anything out of fear. But now I have been having very abnormal discharge sometimes it is clear and has a jello like texture and other times it is heavy and whittish to clear color and a lot of uncomfortable back pain. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of anyone who has had this problem and has come through it please please feel free to let me know.
Asked On : Thu, 20 May 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  620
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Hi i am 26 and i have had a pap smear every year for the past 9 years because not one of them has come back normal, i think if you are really worried you should go to the doctor because you have 2 kids that you need to be around for, i'm sure you will be fine though.If some thing bad showed up in the biospy you had 5 years ago the doctor whould have found you because you have to give the clinic your phone number and also an emergency contact so they would have contacted you some how. If it helps i have been bleeding heavy for 25 days now non stop and spotted between every period  at least 6 days for the last 8 months  thats when you need to worry about abnormal pap smears. i think discharge is pretty normal but its always better to be safe than sorry when you are conerned enough to post an ad you should go see a doctor and get some you love and trust to go with you and hold your hand make sure it's some one that will make you go back and get results(please) i hope this has helped i'm sorry if it hasn't.

Answered: Thu, 20 May 2010
  User's Response

thank you very much you words have really helped me. It is fear that has kept me from going, and right now I am looking for reasonable medical insurance so I can get checked out. And again thank you!!!!

Answered: Thu, 20 May 2010
Psychiatrist Dr. Manjula Rau's  Response
dear danyelle
please go and consult a good gynecologist
dont delay things
now a days there are treatment
if u dont get a diagnosis and dont get a treatment then it is worry
for all you know it may be just a infection
which can be treated with appropiate drugs
please dont fear the dark go and see what is inside in dark
there may be nothing
wishing you a speedy recovery
from dr manjula rau
Answered: Sun, 30 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi.., Mrs.Danyelle...,
Thanks for choosing HCM...,
Gone through your problem...
why you are afraid of this..,
Pap smear done in 2005..,means Your problem detected very early days.....
Now already 5 years passed....!
In 2005.., you might be have only very little problem...that is Chronic Cervicitis...
.Now it could be developed as Carcinoma of Situ.....
.....very small part of cervix will involve...
hence don't can be curable...consult your good gynecologist..., and take advice and do accordingly...goodluck..,
Answered: Mon, 31 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor