Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Planning for conception. Diagnosed with subserosal fibroid. History of delayed periods and abdominal pain. Normal scan reports. Pain due to fibroids?

sir , my wife and i would like to start having kids. she was recently diagnosed of haviing subserosal fibroid with every other part of her productive organ intact. she had before then been having problems and delay with her period. and very intense abdominal pains which she says is in the region of her ovaries. scan test indicates that they are ok. and Gynae believes d fibroids to be responsible for her pain. She was prescribed deviry and her periods came and she is about to Yasmin. my real question is this cant we try for a child with out Yasmin considering the duration of usage for the drugs.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to healthcare magic

Once the contraceptive is discontinued then the possibility of getting pregnant exists. Some couples try immediately after stopping the pill, which is fine. Others may prefer to wait till the next period comes which would allow for easier dating of the baby ( normally when estimating the fetal age doctors will ask when was the first day of the last period).
The last option is not as important now because an ultrasound can be done to assess fetal age.

In some women it can take a few months for their menstrual cycle to settle down , while it may occur faster in others so the time to get pregnant can be from 1 month to longer .

The previous use of yasmin should not impact on the health of the baby.

I hope this information is helpful to you and I wish you and your wife every success

Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor