Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Planing to conceive. Irregular period, small egg size. Treatment?

Hi Doctor , I am 28 and got married 8 months back..I have been having irregular periods from 6-7 years and now I have reached a stage where I have to take contraceptive pills in order to have the periods...Now I am planning to concieve but the problem that I am facing is the egg size was just 8 mm since 10 th day is neither increasing nor decreasing...My doctor has asked me to get HSG test done next month and then she will start the treatment...My question to you is what else can be done in order to increase the egg size...what difficulty can I face in conceiving my first baby?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
If you are taking birth control pills regularly, the egg size is not likely to increase and reach a maturity. You need to stop taking the birth control pills, then wait for at least 2-3 cycles for your ovulation to return to normal and then go for the ovulation studies.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor