Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pimples on eyelid. Now scars. Is there anything I can do?

Hello when I was younger in Nepal I had many pimples on my one eye area...mostly the eyelid . After the pimples burst and went away I now have scars and pits n(little holes and dents) on my eyelid area. Is there anything I can do? I have had this for 20 years now and now that I am in america I was thinking of plastic surgery . Is this a good idea? What kind of doctor does this kind of surgery? And is there any medicing or ointment that I can use to help? Please help me. Thanx You Maya
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
dear maya
what we are dealing here is with acne scars
you can either visit a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist who is trained in dermatosurgery procedures

the type of procedure you will depend on the type of scar, which can be best decided by a doc on visual inspection only.
procedures like peels, dermarollers, microdermabrasion. lasers, subscision, punch grafting... many of them are available but again decision on what will suit you will depend on the doc
so bette visit a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon

medicines will help only if the scars are restircted to superficial layers of skin
dr amit
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor