Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Persistent high BP, taking MAmlodipine, want to switch over to Arjin tablets. Advice?

I have high bp for the last 15 years. I have got done all the test done and everything normal. I am taking 10 mg amlodipine for the last 15 years . I wish to switch over to Ayurvedic medicine. I read in literature that Arjin tablet manufactured by Alarsin is an effective medicine. Kindly advice me on this medicine. Also advice me on dose size and medium with which it should be administered?
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  338
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although not against any system of medicine for treatment,I advise you to continue the allopathic system of medicine for your hypertension since allopathic medicines are given in scientific way and there is a proper way of knowing the effects,side effects,dosage and interaction with other medicines.
It is very difficult to know the exact dose of Ayurvedic medicines and their side effects and their interaction with other medicines.
Moreover there are no good institutes or places where a person can be treated in totality as against allopathic system where good hospitals and doctors are available everywhere and all the time.
My advise to you is not to run after a mirage.
It is better to go after a proper and proven science.
Ayurveda is a great science but has been lost gradually over many thousand years.
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor