Why is BP not in control while on Stamlo 5mg?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i feel un easyness and my B P doesn't come in control but when i start walking it start going down .two week before i was using only 2.5 stamilo one time now 5 mg stamilo two times not working. my doctor increase this dose but i am not feeling comfertable
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that blood pressure control and then maintaining blood pressure to a stable level takes sometime and is highly variable from person to person.

Stamlo contains Amlodipine which is a very good drug for blood pressure control and usually is associated with very limited side effects that to on a very long term usage.

It's advisable that you should continue taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor for atleast a week and then record your blood pressure. By this time you also need to make sure that you should cut down your dietary salt intake as salt also increases blood pressure. Smoking should be completely stopped ( if you smoke ).

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng