Is Amlodipine a good alternative for persistent high blood pressure?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking HealthcareMagic!
Considering your persistent high blood pressure values it would be recommendable to add a new antihypertensive drug to your therapy.
In this regard, amlodipine would be a good rational alternative.
In addition, I would recommend using a separate losartan 100 mg tablet and increase the dose of Hydrochlorothiazide to 25mg daily.
Some blood lab tests (complete blood count for anemia, thyroid hormone levels, kidney and liver function tests, fasting glucose, blood electrolytes) in order to investigate for secondary causes of high blood pressure.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest alternative brands of atacand for high blood pressure
- Is hydrochleorothiazide good for high blood pressure
- Is ginger good for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure medicine amlodipine
- High blood pressure taking amlodipine not cured is it serious
- Is cerazette good high blood pressure
- Taking preterax amlodipine for high blood pressure is it safe
- Is nuts good for high blood pressure
- Is corn good for high blood pressure
- Whiskey good for high blood pressure
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?