Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Persistent genitourinary issue, irritation in meatus, sharp pain in perineum. Causes for symptoms?

Hi there, I have been dealing with a persistent genitourinary issue for 2 months now. I have consistently had irritation of my meatus, never have I had sever pain while urinating and any further irritation is typically abated when I wipe after peeing. There is often some dribble that I have to work out. I have been tested and found negative as well as treated on speculation for chlamydia, gonohrea. I have tested negative for HIV and Syphilis . I have also been on anti-inflammatories for prostatitis for 2 weeks, doxycycline for epididimytis 10 days prior and levofloxacin 10 days as well. I experience occasional very quick sharp pains through my perineum . Recently I have developed small red dots that are not clustered or precceded by a localized irritation beneath them. I had them swabbed for HSV 2, haven t gotten the results back but the doctor said she was 99% sure it would come back negative. I dunno what else it could be but it is really getting persistent and doesn t seem to fit the timeline of prodrome and outbreak...
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

It seems that you are suffering from prostatitis.
Meatal irritation, pain over perineum are symptoms of prostatitis. Have tested your urine. If your urine contains more than 5 pus cells in the microscopic examination of the deposits and presence of pus casts are suggestive of prostatitis.
If there is more pus cells, you have undergo for urine culture and sensitivity test. According to the outcome the appropriate antibiotics could be selected and has to be taken for adequate duration. Then you will be alright.

Prostatatic massage will also helpful in chronic prostatitis (not in acute prostatitis) in the diagnosis and also as a treatment.
Consult a Urologist or a Genitourinary physician they will help you.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor