Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Periodic itchy rash, starts as red spot, spreads on scratching causing bruising. What can cause this?

itchy rash , first thought it was bug bites since we had gone camping in NY. Appeared on legs and arms first, starts as red raised spot (liek bite) but when you scratch it, more reddish bumps appear, sometimes intensely itchy, more at night, keeps me from sleeping. Also the rash comes and goes, I tried anti itch cream and it gets better but then will appear soemwhere else. Anytime a clothing seam pressea into skin, little itchy bumps appear along it, then it spreads when you scratch it. Started on upper arms, lower legs, then on thigs, and then started appearing in groin area and between thigs. It also caused bruising on my thigs, and i haven t scratched THAT much. What can cause this?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  540
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be scabies, papular urticaria, dermatitis herpetiformis etc.
A visit to dermatologist will allow proper assessment of skin lesions and allow prescription medicines.You can take tab.cetirizine once a day for itching.
Also you can apply hydrocortisone cream twice a day over affected area.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification you need.
Answered: Sat, 31 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor