Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Painless lump behind the ear, increases in size and disappears some days. History of treatment for sebaceous cyst. What could this be?

I have a lump behind my ear that sits right on the bone which has been there for several months. It is quite hard and painless but varies in size from one day to another almost disappearing some days and on others growing to the size of a marble. I am male, 63 years old and in generally good health. I have in the past had the odd sebaceous cyst which has been cut out but they were not really like this. Can you give me any advice please?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  325
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,

Usually sebeceous cyst has an opening it & some times it may discharge.You have a Lipoma or fibroma behind ear.
If its size is constantly increasing than you should worry but in your case it decrease also so don't worry for it.
Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor