Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Painful palpable lump in front of ear. Whom should I see?

I have a painful palpable lump right in front of my ear.It first was noticeable a few days ago.It is not noticeable unless you feel for it. Ihad a viral/ bacterial infection that recently cleared up ( bilateral conjunctivitis , bronchitis ). Should I seem my physician, dentist that specializes in crowns ororal surgeon who specializes in maxillo- facial issues? How long should I wait to have it evaluate thank you
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response

For a lump in front of the ear I advice you to see an ENT surgeon. It could be a pre auricular lymph node which has got enlarged due to the infection, even if it is not a lymph node a ENT surgeon is the best person to approach.

I hope I have answered your query

Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor