Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Painful lump between the crack of buttocks. Cure?

Hi, my brother has a lump right on top and in between of the butt line. It s about 3cm in length and 2 cm in width. It is really painful specially if pressure applied to it or around that area. This also does not allow him to sit comfortably at all. We consulted a general practitioner and she said it was an infection and given him bruefin tabs to settle the pain down. Could you please advice what this is and how to get it cured. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  680
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern for your brother. The painful lump between his buttocks sounds like a cyst, mostly pilonidal - which is a term for the kind of cyst that contains hair - and is easily removed or excised and to confirm the diagnosis you might need to send the specimen for pathological biopsy. You need to have him consult a surgeon. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor