Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Pain in the stomach, weight loss. Should I be worried?

Hi doctor I have lost a stone in weight over the last month, last time I had any form of sex was around 8 months ago. Pregnancy test revealed i wasnt pregnant sfter doing snout 10 of them When I eat little my stomach feels full and is extremely bloated , constant aching stomach until I lay down. What could this possibly be
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
It sounds like stomach issue. All this is caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. These disorders can cause such difficulties and you should do gastroscopy to evaluate this. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.
Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise if overweight. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! Welcome to Healthcare Magic. You will not lose weight anyway in case of pregnancy, so you can rule it out. You have not mentioned about any possible history of smoking or alcoholic drinks. If this is excluded, then you may be having amebiasis associated with hyperacidity.
You should get your stool tested for worms and an ultrasound abdomen on consultation with your family physician. If it does not reveal anything, then you can opt for a gastroenterologist to go for endoscopic evaluation of your stomach and duodenum.
In the mean time, you may go for some form of antacid, and antiflatulent drugs, along with a proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic drug. To this you can also add some kind of lactibacillus preparation on consultation with your doctor. Hope this helps you.
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor