Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Pain in the shoulder, chest. Stopped smoking in the recent past. Should I be concerned?

My right shoulder sometimes give me grief, it the ligaments and tendends caught up, every other month it decides to flair up and causes me uncomforted and pain. It started hurting 2 days ago but today I have been getting a shocking pain on the right side of my chest , I m unsure if this is due to my shoulder and the tendends are twicking or something serious that I should get it checked out!! The shocking pain is awful, causes me to have to stop what I m doing and feels like a knife has been rammed into my chest... I have recently given up smoking cigarettes and turned to electric cigarettes, I m also a regular weed smoker, smoked 1 a day, but have stop for the past week or so. Can you please help. Thanks Zak
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query on HCM.
All these symptoms are not due to stopped smoking.
This type of pain is most likely due to musculo skelatel involvement and usually seen in muscle sprain,bursitis.
It usually occurs after excessive weigh lifting,improper sitting,sleeping posture,during any exercise,sports activity.
You have to take nsaid with muscle relaxant. Intra muscular injections of nsaid is advisable to relieve severe pain.
Local application of nsaid gel will be helpful.
Start b12,calcium,d3 supplement.
If it is not subsiding with first line treatment than go for x-ray and start treatment,physiotherapy under guidance of orthopedician.
Avoid any weight lifting,exercise and sports activity till get complete cure.

Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor