Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain in the chest radiating to shoulder and arm. X-ray showing spinal arthritis. IS that the reason?

Hi, I am a 40 year old female. About an year ago i had sympoms like I was having an heart attack, was check by my primary dr., did EKG and blood tests - all normal. Cardiologist did EKG and stress test, didn't see the need to further testing rulling out heart problems. was also check by a otolaryngologist because of my balance problems,everything checked out okay.My primary dr then said that it was probably a pulled muscle. Months after and pain only getting worse, went in again, another EKG and was told I was in perfect health, it was just a pulled muscle. About 3 months ago, it got to a point that I can't even drive or sleep, so went back in to primary dr. she did several blood tests and X-rays on my back. X-rays showed minor spinal arthritis on neck and middle back, was sent in to do MRI's. 2 days befoe I was due to the MRI appt. I had to go into the ER, chest pain got really bad and i was falling to the floor, my body strenght was all gone. More tests, EKG, blood tests, chest x-ray, CT scan - all clear. ER Dr prescribed steroids and told me that I had to follow up with primary dr. he knew there was something going on but could not pin-point in one visit to the ER. Yesterday had to go in again to see my primary dr because my toes, feet and legs have been hurting alot lately and during the wekend found a red spot underneath one of my toes. She said a vein had burst. She also doesn't think the pain in chest and shoulder blades, neck, etc... is related to the protruding disk MRI foudn in my lower back. Thursday will go to appt at the neurosurgeon. Any ideas of what could be causing this pain / burning/crushing sensation on my chest/back that radiates to shoulder and left arm? ( my galbladder was removed in 2010) thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

This symptoms are consistent with disc prolapse with radiculopathy features( due to spinal root affection).

You need not worry.good to hear that you have taken appointment with neurosurgeon.

Neuralgic drugs with short course analgesic will alleviate your symptoms

Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor