Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in tail bone after flying in an aircraft, difficulty sitting. Treatment options?

Just wanting to know what to do regarding tailbone pain. I just got home yesterday after 2 days of flights. Most of that time i spent crying because of the pain from sitting. I have brought up the tail bone pain and dr is dismissive. What should i do to get this addressed or how can i get pain to stop? This has been going on since 2011 and has gotten increasingly worse
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  361
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

You could try analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac for pain relief. It would work in your case, and you would feel better in a few days.

If case pain persists, doing a scan of the affected area would help.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor