Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Pain in stomach, spreading to back, problem in standing and walking. How to overcome this?

hi My name is Pauline Roberts and since 1999 i have been getting a lot of pain in my right side of my stomack, this pain is going into my back , i cannot stand for too long because i get a lot of pain if i stand still for too long. Also now i cannot hold my urian and Stool when i go out i have to use a wallking stick as if i step on a stone i fall and down i go on the floor. i also cannot put presser on the right leg. Can you help me
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This sounds like gallbladder disorders. It is most commonly caused by stones and it goes with symtoms yor are describing especially if pain is aggravated by meal and fatty food. This is crampy,colicy kind of pain which isnt constant , and usually is associated with nausea and vomiting. To evaluate gallbladder you should do ultrasounds and liver enzymes levels. After this cholecystectomy can be performed. Till that you should avoid fatty food and alcohol. But you should considerd some othe rdisorders such as ureteral stones and pancreatits. Ureteral stones can be related to your urinating difficulties.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi Pauline ! The symptoms you have described points to some kind of pressure symptoms possibly on the spinal cord structures. As it is a long duration history, some kind of slow growing space occupying lesion either in the abdomen or in the spinal column can not be ruled out. I do not know what all investigations have been done for you. However, I would suggest you to see your family physician first, who may like to refer you to specialities like Neurology and Sugery. I wish you an early recovery.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor