Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain in ribs

My wife s rib got hit by the kitchen platform 4 days ago due to an accidental fall and she is complaining the pain since then and sometimes it becomes very severe and sometimes it remains milder. Pl advise what should we do?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Apply local pain killer and take oral pain killers. I usually, prescribe paracetamol or ibuprofen to my patients.

If no improvement, can get a physical exam by the physician to see the local damages of the ribs and/or skin in order to take further therapeutic measures.

Hope it helped!
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor