Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Pain in left groin area, swelling, irritation, discomfort on bending over. Treatment?

i have had pain in left groin area for over a week (non testical) slightly swollen but the skin in the area has more of an irritated look about it. Woke this morning and now have slight swelling about 3 inches above the original area by the inside left hip measuring about 2 inches in length and maybe a half inch in width. No pain on new area - only slight discomfort when bending over.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Left Inguinal Hernia,however final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination.

Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical assessment to confirm the diagnosis and further treatment.

if confirmed you may need to undergo surgery of Herniotomy and repair.
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor