Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain in knee while bending or putting pressure on it, can hear some noise. What is the problem ?

Hi, I'm a 25 year old female that's been having knee problems for the past weeks. It started with my right now its sticking to my left. Every time I bend or put pressure on it it hurts. Now its starting to make noise every time I walk up the stairs. What could the problem be & do you recommend that I go to the emergency room???
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for writing to us.
You might be suffering from patellar tendinitis or chondromalacia patellae, which causes pain in your knee when you try to climb the stairs. This type of knee pain related to overuse or physical activity.
Slight modifications in your life style can help.
- Do regular knee exercises (quadriceps and hamstrings).
- Always warm up before exercising and cool down afterwards. Stretch your quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Every pound that you are overweight puts about 5 extra pounds of pressure on your knee cap when you go up and down stairs.
- If you have flat feet, try special shoe inserts and arch supports (orthotics).
- Make sure your running shoes are made well, fit well, and have good cushioning
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Gautam Sipani's  Response
Hello, it seems that you might be suffering from bilateral discoid meniscus which typically gives rise to the thud inside knee joint on particular movements and quite frequently gets injured producing pain. You need a clinical examination and a MRI to get diagnosed. Thank you
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Baljeet Kaur's  Response

thanks for writng to HCM.

As per your age painful and clicking knee cannot be attributed to aging. If this problem started after some injury then we can think of cartilage injury of your knee joints but if it started gradually on its own then you need to under go some tests.... as we need to rule out some problems associated with joint pains...

blood test include



uric acid test

x-ray both knee AP & LAT VIEW

if all these blood tests and x-ray comes out to be normal then i would suggest you to start some exercises for your knees under the supervision of a physiotherapist


if any test comes out to be positive then see your orthopaedician for the further treatment

i hope this answers your query

wish you good heath

kindly write back if you have any further query

Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hi thanks for ques here

please use homoeopathic medicine CAusticum 200 4 drop 3 times and Bryonia alb 200 4 drop 3 times a day with cup of water


dr praveen pathak
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor