Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and constipation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I am having a frozen left shoulder kind of symptoms for last couple of months. My left shoulder doesnt rotate as smoothly as the right one. My second problem is I have constipation atleast few days a month and suffer from piles as a consequence
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: x-ray of the left shoulder with physiotherapy Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, In my view, this seems like a temporary problem due to the winter season, and the muscles and joints getting stiff often. This is also seen with limited joint movements as you say. You do not need special treatment for this except for daily stretching exercises, and keeping yourself warm. However, you could get an x-ray of the left shoulder to rule out major pathology. Physiotherapy of the shoulders will help too. Regarding the constipation, you need to take more fiber in your diet in the form of vegetables and fruits. Drink plenty of fluids orally. You can continue the medicine for piles. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and constipation 14 days later
Thanks Dr. Shanthi for answering my query. I had a follow up question. To add more exercise to my routine I started 45 mins walking and some stretching exercises since over a month. I have developed some swelling on my lower back spine and when I sit on hard chairs, tip of spine feels painful. Would like to hear your diagnosis and suggestions Regards,
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer: please get an x-ray done Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, There is a probability of spinal disc herniation or bulge in you. or it can be stress on the spine due to stretching exercises. I would suggest you to stop exercising for some time now, and get a plain x-ray of your lower back to look at the possibility. Further investigations can be planned accordingly. You can consult a back surgeon for the same or an orthopedician. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor