Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Pain in chest, blood test shows cholesterol. Took Aspirin, pain relieved. Suggestion?

I m 26... got a Lipid profile down, which has slightly less HDL and slightly more VLDL... additionally, I ve been having this pain in chest , since an emotional outburst a week back... my BMI is 39... though I m planning to switch to healthy food and lifestyle soon, I want to know If I must rush for medical help, since my symptoms go away with aspirin!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are only 26 years and BMI is 39 with deranged Lipids,any chest pain must be examined and investigated.You pain may not be cardiac as now it is relieved but a EKG will help to rule out any serious cardiac issues,
You should go for complete medical check up with any endocrinal cause of obesity as BMI >36 falls in Grade II obesity and healthy diet and exercise may not be enough.
If any cause for obesity is detected then it must be treated accordingly, if no cause is there then diet plan and exercise programme under medical supervision with monitoring.
In your case it is prudent to visit a Bariatric surgeon to explore the possibility of surgery if that can help.
Please take care
Best of Luck.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Although you may not have any need to rush for medical help,since pain has settled and there are no associated symptoms like palpitations,sweating,uneasiness or constriction feeling in your chest,you definitely need few consultations with your doctor since there is low HDL,slightly high VLDL and obesity.
All these are cardiac risk factors and so you must be assessed for your blood pressure,diabetes and cardiac assessment.
If you want to live healthy,you must resort to lifestyle changes and reduction in your weight.
You may take the help of a dietician and a physical trainer to achieve your goal.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor