Pain in back, urinary tract, hematuria. Ultrasonography revealed increase in bilateral cortical echoe, culture showed E.Coli infection. Cure?

Hello Doctor,
Recently, My wife reported a sever back pain, urinary tract pain and hematuria, so we consulted a General physician locally. He advised us to take Ultrasononography and urine culture.
USG revealed mild increased bilateral cortical echoe and culture revealed E.Coli infection.
How to go about it ? iS there any relation between increased echogenicity and infection.
Fri, 15 Nov 2013