Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pain due to an irritated perineum, lump in the anus. Any advice?

Hi I have had an irritated perineum (scared several years ago through a tear). It was very sore initially then for several years was ok. I have had on-going problems with pain in the area (now the skin is thinner as I am now 46, I find I am having problems. I have constant pain in the area, and have a small flesh coloured lump near the anus . I have been to many specialists - (skin, collorectal and gynacologeca) all to no avail - tried everything to no avail - can you offer any help. thanks I don t have any a credit card which may pose a problem?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that due to age there might be having some estrogen hormone depletion giving rise to thinning on perineum area giving rise to irritation.
You may try estrogen cream like Novelon over the local part after consulting GYnaec.
Having lump in anal region might be Fistula in ano.
Consult surgeon and get examined.
Avoid constipation.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor