Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

PCOD, on Krimson. Stopped after marraige, no periods for 3 months. Prescribed Pyricontin. What next ?

Hi I have been dignosed as pcod 1.5 years back. I was unmarried that time. I have been on krimson 35 for an year approx , but due to some understanding gap i did not took metformin now after marriage after two months i stopped taking krimson. my inlaws wanted me to go through homeopathic medicience. i did not had periods for three months . so i again went to gynae . she gave me tablets to mensurate and tab for first five days and tab pyricontin
Tue, 23 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

You have not mentioned the medication you have been prescribed to regularize your periods, but you either have been restarted on metformin, advised oral contraceptives or given hormonal supplements to regulsrize your periods. The pyricontin is a vitamin supplement.

I would advise you to continue the medicstion if it helps on regularizing your periods. If you decide to conceive please inform your doctor about the same who will change your treatment regimen to improve your fertility status.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor